Our Online Gatherings
May 21, 2020 UPDATE: Our services will now be opened to the public. We'll meet at our usual time of 10am on Sunday mornings with the following restrictions:
- There will be no childcare provided. Children of any age are still welcome, of course, but our childcare room will not be opened. We'll provide an area for young children to sit and play, including some toys, which will be sanitized each week. If your children are unable to follow the social distancing guidelines, it may be best to remain home during this phase of gatherings.
- Social distancing practices will still be in effect, which means seating arrangements will be spaced out (families in the same household may sit together), and physical contact should be avoided (i.e., hugs, handshakes, and high-fives). Hand sanitizer will be made available near the entrance/exit and around the meeting room.
- You are encouraged to wear a mask, though it will not be required.
- There will not be any refreshments like coffee or snacks available in the foyer.
- We will try to keep the service to one hour, which should minimize the need to use the restrooms. Of course, they will be sanitized and available to use if needed.
- If you have travelled recently, are experiencing any symptoms of illness, or are immune-compromised, please stay home for your and others' safety.
- We will continue to live stream our service online for those who will not be in attendance.
- Communion, when offered, will be in individualized pre-packaged units.
- To minimize the risk of exposure, conversations and time relationally connecting should be done at a safe distance, and if possible, outdoors.
We understand that while this may not be our ideal way to meet after several long months, we want to make sure we are being good stewards of one another's health, while also recognizing the importance of worshipping together where possible. If at anytime you are uncomfortable with joining us during this phase, please know that you are still welcome to remain home and view the service online. We are still here for you! If you have any remaining questions, please email Foundation anytime.
As news and updates about the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic continues to pour out, Foundation Church, like many other churches and organizations, is taking proactive measures to held curb the spread of the virus and protect our congregation and community and heeding the advice of the government and medical community by practicing social distancing, canceling public services, and caring for the most vulnerable among us.
But keeping a safe physical distance from one another doesn't mean that we can or should distance ourselves from the sacred. While we may not be meeting together to join our hearts and voices in worship, our worship still does not stop. As Jesus promised, the great blessing of the New Covenant is that its members can worship in Spirit and in Truth — that means anywhere and at any time.
To that end, we'll be streaming our services online via Facebook Live to be lead together in prayer and God's word. While this is no replacement for the physical gathering of the saints, we can still give thanks to God for the wonder of technology and the blessing to commune with one another in such a unique way during such a unique time. Links to our Facebook page and Google meetings are below. Please join us on Sunday Mornings at 10am and Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm, and let's share our hope amid these troubling times together.
SERVICES ON FACEBOOK & YOUTUBE
Our online Sunday gathering will be streamed live on Sundays at 10am on Facebook and Youtube. To watch live, make sure to go to Facebook and like our page and turn on notifications or subscribe to our Youtube channel so you don't miss anything! All videos are available to watch following the live stream.